|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
Committees, Meetings and Governance
|Bylaws & Policies|
|Membership Meeting Agenda Items|
|Membership Meeting Notes|
|Access Control Committee|
|Ministry of MOOP|
|Ministry of Propaganda|
|Tool Acquisition Committee|
|Edit this template|
There are three levels of membership at the ATX Hackerspace Co-op:
- Visitor : FREE : Visit us and participate at open house events. See the Events page for more information.
- Patron : $75/mo pay-as-you go, $50/mo w/ Auto-Pay. 24/7 key fob access to the facility
- Co-Op Member : $100 Co-Op Share, $75/mo pay-as-you-go, $50/mo w/ Auto-Pay, 24/7 key fob access to the facility, and special discounts on classes/events
Learn more and see our current monthly charge by going to our Payment methods page.
We have a special "starving hacker" rate which discounts the monthly for people who are in need - this is awarded (rarely) at the sole discretion of our Co-Op members.
You can come to ATXHS as a visitor and participate in many of our daily activities for free. There are however, considerable advantages to becoming a member:
All visitors must sign a waiver form (available in the lounge area) before entering the main space for the first time.
- Free access to Wifi, Lounge, and Classroom during Open House and events when a Co-Op member is present. Code, relax, work on projects, meet other hackers.
- May attend events/classes at full cost.
- May purchase materials at full cost.
- May use tools that require no supervision or training.
All the benefits of a Visitor, plus:
- Must have signed a waiver form.
- Pays monthly dues
- Can bring up to two guests at any time, as long as you are physically present at the space with them.
- Has a small amount of personal storage space within the facility.
- Has access to tools and heavy machinery (after requisite training courses are completed).
- Has access to stocked material.
- Has use of metered tools.
- Has access to classes.
- Can participate in meetings, but can not vote.
Everything a Patron member can do, plus:
- Can have @atxhackerspace.org (or atxhs.org) email forwarding, if you wish.
- Has voting rights to weekly, quarterly, annual, and emergency/special meetings.
- Is eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors.
- Can teach classes, and host events at the facility.
- Can vote, and determine the direction the hackerspace goes.
- Is eligible for discounts on various services, events, and materials.
Your purchase of a Voting (B) Share can be done in a number of ways:
- Pay $100 up front, sign the joinder agreement, and have it instantly.
- Pay $8.33/mo, and sign up for a year's membership ($50/mo), and sign the joinder agreement.
- Lay-away plan, pay in 2, 5, or 10 month installments. Your share is issued when your payments are complete.
New Member Info
What do I need to do to become a provisional/associate member?
Before becoming a Patron or Co-Op Member
- Visit the space during open hours and meet people! Our weekly Open House at 8pm every Tuesday is a good time to come and get a tour of the space, but visitors are welcome at any of our Public Open Hours. Although, you might want to check to make sure the open hours are happening by asking on our mailing list, which brings us to . . .
- Join the mailing list.
- Ask an existing member to create a Wiki account for you. (You can request this on the mailing list.)
- Read the Operating Agreement for an idea of how we're organized
Becoming a Patron
- Sign a waiver
- Pay your first month's membership : Go to the Payment methods page.
- Add your name to the List of Members on the Wiki.
- Get an RFID key fob for 24/7 access by taking the Orientation Class