|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
|Mailing Lists, eMail to individuals|
|Forum, IRC, Wiki|
|Live events, Calendar|
|Twitter, Facebook, Google group|
|Member's blogs and websites|
|Edit this template|
The ATX Hackerspace Wiki works on a "By Invitation Only" system. You don't have to be a member to obtain a Wiki account, we encourage anyone, anywhere to add useful content to our site. We just want to make it harder for spammers to hit our site. Before we instituted this scheme, 70% of our content and 80% of our users were spam/spammers!
Anyone with a Wiki account may create an account for a new user.
Here's how that works:
- Write to the mailing list to say that you've volunteered to create the account - this prevents duplicate efforts!
- Ask the new member to provide their desired username, their real name and their email address.
- Log into the Wiki yourself.
- Choose an initial password for the new user. (DO NOT EMAIL THE PASSWORD TO OUR PUBLIC MAILING LIST!!)
- Visit Special:UserLogin, click on "Create an account" and fill out the form.
- Email the user to tell them that you're done - I suggest copy/pasting this (change the fields marked <>):
Dear <realname> As requested, I have created an account on the ATX Hackerspace Wiki for you: Username: <username> Password: <password> The Wiki is here: http://atxhackerspace.org - when you get there, click on the "Log In" link at the top-right corner of the page. Once you're logged in, visit: http://atxhackerspace.org/wiki/Special:Preferences ...to change your password and set other personal preferences. Visit: http://atxhackerspace.org/wiki/ATX_Wiki_Guide ...for instructions on how to edit here. Welcome to our Wiki - Be Excellent, Make A Difference!